- 1 boneless beef Dierks Farms Grass Fed Rump Roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef Roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Carve roast into thin slices; season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
Visit the Dierks Farms Online Store to order your delicious rump roast today!